Providing individuals an affordable and efficient transition into the next phase of life
Individuals facing divorce need an advocate that will guide them and protect their interests from beginning to end. Whether our clients undergo a simple or complex separation, Hutchins Law provides the expertise to plan and deliver an efficient resolution to the legal issues surrounding divorce.
We provide our clients with expert services including asset division, child custody and visitation, child support, alimony and more.
A sample process usually includes:
- Initial consultation
- Filing of complaint or answer
- Temporary orders
Temporary orders are important for establishing temporary custody and child support, and determining short- and long-term asset allocation.
- Discovery and/or motions
Discovery is the phase of the process where our team will determine the legitimacy and probable duration of the case, and the likelihood of settlement.
- Pre-trial hearing
- Trial or separation agreement
- Represented Shrewsbury wife: Successful representation resulting in sole legal and physical custody of minor children; supervised visits by Husband with no overnights; division of Husband’s retirement plan through Qualified Domestic Relations Order
- Represented Leominster wife: Successful representing resulting in division of Husband’s retirement plan through Qualified Domestic Relations Order
- Represented a Clinton woman: Successful representation against out-of-state husband in gaining custody and her portion of her husband’s retirement plan through Qualified Domestic Relations Order
- Represented Worcester woman: Successful representation involving separation of assets including property located in Brazil
- Represented Northborough man: Successful representation involving separation of assets including Florida timeshare and work related bonuses